- For the effective symptomatic relief of acute and chronic diarrhoea.
- Also effective with loose motions and helps you get back to your busy schedule.
For the effective relief of diarrhoea
Effective symptomatic relief of acute diarrhoea
Effective with loose motions that helps you get back to your busy schedule
For adults and children over 12 years of age
Pharmacy only medicine
- Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- Drink plenty of fluids as fluid and electrolyte depletion may occur with diarrhoea. If dehydration is suspected, seek medical attention.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, check with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
- Do not use beyond 48 hours. If the condition persists after two days of treatment, seek medical advice as soon as possible.
- See your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you have a fever, severe stomach pain, bloody diarrhoea or ongoing condition affecting the bowel. Do not take this product if a rash or other allergic reaction to Loperamide hydrochloride has occurred previously, or if you have a medical condition where constipation should be avoided.
- Contains sugars (as lactose).
- The colourant contained in the gelatin capsules may cause allergic reactions and may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children.
Adults & children over 12 years:
Acute diarrhoea: the initial dose is 2 capsules; followed by 1 capsule after every subsequent loose stool.
Chronic diarrhoea: the initial dose is 2 capsules daily; this initial dose will be adjusted until 1-2 solid stools a day are obtained, which is usually achieved with a maintenance dose of 1-6 capsules daily. The maximum dose for acute and chronic diarrhoea is 8 capsules daily.
- Loperamide hydrochloride 2 mg
- Contains Lactose
- Contains gelatin in the capsule shell